When we connect to a secure wifi network, our Android device will save the password for that network, so if we have forgotten the password, we can easily retrieve it. There are various methods to recover wifi passwords, but today, we will look at some of the ways to perform wifi key recovery without root.
How To Perform Wifi Key Recovery Without Root?
Let’s look at how to hack wifi on android without root
- Go to settings.
- Tap on WiFi settings / WiFi.
- Click on Connected wifi network settings.
- Now click on to share.
- Note down the password.
3 Ways To Perform Wifi Key Recovery Without Root
One of the best things about modern android smartphones that it remembers all the different wifi networks you have previously connected to. All you need to do is enter the wifi password once, and as long as it is not changed, your Phone will automatically connect you to the wifi network when you are near it. With that being said, even though the smartphone remembers the wifi password of a particular wifi network, it doesn’t show it to you. And thanks to our forgetful brains, we also don’t remember the password we entered in the first place. When trying to connect another device to the same wifi network, you need to ask the admin/owner again for the wifi password, which can be embarrassing. What if there is a way to show the wifi password for android? There are tons of ways you can recover saved wifi passwords, but most of them require you to root your android device. Now, rooting your android smartphone is a complicated process, and if done incorrectly, it can break your device.
Let’s look at the 3 easy and practical ways you can use to perform wifi key recovery without root.
Show wifi Password Android Using Wifi WPS WPA Tester
You will need to download an Android app – wifi WPS WPA Tester. You can find the app off the Android Playstore, so you don’t have to worry about entering any fishy websites. With the app installed on your android device, follow the given steps to recover any saved wifi passwords.
- Launch the application. You will see it starts to search for wifi networks around you.
- Once you have completed the search, it will show you a list of all the wifi networks around your location.
- You will notice each wifi network has a color-coded lock sign. If it is green, then you can hack it. If it is red, you can’t hack it.
- To access a hackable wifi network, tap on it, and a pop-up dialogue box will appear with a “Connect” option. Tap on it.
- Another pop-up will appear asking for which method you want to use – “Root” or “No Root.” Tap on “No Root. “
- The following pop-up will show you many Pins that will help you get into the wifi network. Choose one of them and select the “Connect (Root)” option.
- The app will now start the pin attack on the wifi network. If it is successful, it will show the wifi password you can then copy and paste to connect to the network.
- Again, if the pin attack doesn’t work, you will get an error message, and you will need to select another Pin and repeat the attack. One of the pins will surely help you break into the network.
So this is how you can use the Wifi WPS WPA Tester app to perform wifi key recovery without root. However, please don’t use it to access any unauthorized networks, as that is illegal. As you can see, this is by far the easiest way to get a wifi password to show android. However, as we mentioned, it can only access some wifi networks (those with the green locks) and not all networks (the ones with the red locks).
Visit: WPS WPA Tester
Show Wifi Password Android Using ES File Explorer
We have another android app, use this app if you don’t know how to view saved wifi password on android without root – the ES File Explorer. However, unlike the previous app, you can’t find this one in the Google Playstore. To download this, you will need to head over to this link to download and install it on your android smartphone. With the app installed, follow the given steps to recover any saved wifi password on your android without root.
- Open the ES File Explorer. It will ask you for a bunch of permissions. Click “Allow” on every one of them.
- Next, open the tools panel from inside the app and turn on the “Root Explorer” option. This will allow you to locate and edit your core system files on your device.
- Scroll through the list of folders on your device until you see the “Root Folder. “
- Inside the Root Folder, you will find another folder named “Data.” Open it.
- Again, inside, you will find the “misc” folder. Open it.
- Finally, under the “misc” folder, you will find the “Wifi” folder. Here you will find the file wpa_supplicant.conf. Tap to open it.
- It will open using the built-in HTML/text viewer.
- You will need to locate the terms SSID and PSK. Here, SSID refers to the wifi name, and PSK is its password.
- All you need to do now is note down the password and then use it to access the wifi network from any other device.
So, as you can see, ES File Explorer is super easy to access and perform wifi key recovery without root.
Visit: ES File Explorer
Show Wifi Password Android Using ADB Commands
It allows you to do many cool things with your android smartphone. This includes accessing all the saved wifi passwords on the device. However, do note that this can get a bit more technical and is geared towards tech-savvy users. But on the plus side, you don’t have to worry about downloading any extra apps on your Phone. So, if you feel you are up for it, here is a step-by-step guide on using ADB Commands to show saved wifi passwords on android:
- Go to Settings > About Phone and click on the Builder Number 7 times. You will see a pop-up message right at the bottom saying, “you are now a developer.” This activates the Developer Options on your Phone.
- Enter Developer Options and turn on “USB Debugging. “
- Download the ADB driver on your Windows computer.
- Once downloaded, open the folder and right-click inside the folder, and click on “Open Command Window Here.” If the option is missing, hold shift and right-click again.
- Now connect your android phone with the computer using USB.
- Once connected, type in “ADB services” in the command prompt and press enter
- Next, type in this line: – “db pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf c:/wpa_supplicant.conf”. This will fetch the wpa_supplicant.conf file from your Phone and store it to your C drive on your PC. 8. Next, open the file using notepad and locate SSID and PSK similar to before. The SSID is the wifi names of all previously connected networks, and the PSK is the corresponding passwords.
So this is how you can use ADB Commands to access and perform wifi password viewer without root.
Visit: ADB Commands
So, these are the steps for the wifi password recovery no root, and root device. If you are stuck and can’t remember the wifi password, do not panic. Follow the steps as discussed here and perform wifi key recovery without root.
I love technology and computers! And I love spreading more and more about it too! So, this is my attempt to share as much as tech news as I can with people all over the world.