From its development in 1992 by the Co-founder of Adobe-Dr.John Warnock, the Portable Document Format(PDF), has served as a paperless, electronic way for the digital transfer of files across the Internet. As MAC operates differently from Windows, in this article, we are going to talk about ways through which you can learn how to combine PDF files on MAC.
Its rise in popularity can be attributed to the versatility of the PDF, available across all platforms and standardized by the ISO, it is easy to work with and convenient to manage. It is trusted by many as a viable mode of holding not only documents but also audio, video, graphs, and links.
- 1 Learn How to Combine PDF Files on MAC Using 5 Ways
- 1.1 Using the Inbuilt Application Preview
- 1.2 How to Combine PDF Files on MAC Using Online Websites
- 1.3 Use the App ‘PDF Merger Free’ for learning How to Combine PDF Files on MAC
- 1.4 How to Combine PDF Files on MAC Using PDF Expert
- 2 Conclusion
Learn How to Combine PDF Files on MAC Using 5 Ways
Having multiple PDFs about related information poses a hassle to some when there is a need for transfer, or the sheer lack of having all the required information under a single file creates a necessity for the merging of these PDF files.
Listed below are five quick ways that can help you to learn how to combine PDF files on MAC.
Using the Inbuilt Application Preview
- Open all the PDFs individually in Preview that you wish to merge.
- In each PDF, click on the ‘view’ option and then the ‘thumbnails’ choice. It will display pages of the PDF.
- Select the content from the sidebar that you wish to be merged with the other document using the command button and drag and drop it onto the sidebar of the other PDF.
- You can make necessary changes like deleting or changing the order of the pages in the newly edited PDF before saving it.
- Further, if you wish to merge specific pages, then select only those from the sidebar to be dropped onto the sidebar of the other PDF.
- To save the merged PDF, click on File and then on Export as PDF.
This was a quick fix way for how to combine PDF files on MAC. If this didn’t work for you, you can try the next one.
Alternate of How to Combine PDF Files on MAC
- Open one of the PDFs you wish to merge in ‘Preview.’
- Select to display ‘thumbnails’ under the ‘view’ option.
- After the sidebar is in display with the thumbnails, go to the menu bar and select the ‘edit’ option under which the ‘insert’ option will lead you to the ‘page from file.’
- You can now select the second PDF which you wish to merge with the current one by locating and selecting it.
- This will merge both the PDFs for you, and you can export this new merged file.
How to Combine PDF Files on MAC Using Online Websites
- Open Combine PDF on your internet browser.
- This website holds good for both MAC and Windows Operating Systems and hence, supports both the platforms.
- Click on the ‘Upload Files’ option to select all the PDFs you wish to merge.
- After the selection of the files in the order in which you wish them to merge, they will upload onto the website, click on the ‘combine’ button.
- Immediately after which, the newly merged file is downloaded onto your device.
Visit : Combine PDF
Use the App ‘PDF Merger Free’ for learning How to Combine PDF Files on MAC
- Download the app ‘PDF Merger free’ available on the app store for no additional cost.
- Click on the ‘Add files’ option and select the PDFs that you require to combine.
- After the selection, you can rearrange the PDFs into your desired order by dragging and dropping them in place.
- The ‘Start’ option merges the PDFs for you, and a prompt asks you for the name and the desired location of the newly merged file.
Visit : PDF Merger Free
Use Adobe Acrobat for Knowing How to Combine PDF Files on MAC
- Select the PDF files from the desktop you wish to combine.
- Right-click and select the option of ‘Combine files on Acrobat.’
- Selecting this option will open up a page displaying the PDFs you have chosen.
- Then select the ‘combine files’ option to commence the necessary merging.
- You can finally save the file by clicking on ‘Save as’ after the files have merged.
Visit : Adobe Acrobat
Alternate of How to Combine PDF Files on MAC
- An alternative for how to combine PDF on MAC would be to open the Adobe Reader and locate the ‘Combine Files’ option near the top left corner under the ‘tools.’
- The ‘Add’ option underneath allows you to select the PDFs manually.
- Clicking on the ‘Combine Files’ option merges the files for you.
How to Combine PDF Files on MAC Using PDF Expert
- Open the application-‘PDF Expert.’
- On the toolbar on the top, click on the ‘File’ menu. A drop-down box will contain the option of ‘Merge Files.’
- After selecting the files you wish to combine, click on the ‘Merge’ option.
- This will do the necessary, and you will have a merged PDF file at the end of the process.
Download : PDF Expert
This concludes sure-fire ways for the merging of PDF files on a MAC. Each of these methods will give you the best possible outcome of merging if carried out as explained.