Tumblr is a micro-blogging network with an easy interface. It permits you to find all styles of content you’re trying to find directly from the blogs on several users. If you’re a Tumblr user, you’ll be able to produce a variety of blogs and share your ideas. As different social media networks, you’ll be able to like, share, and discuss fascinating blogs on Tumblr further.
If you’re an everyday blogger on Tumblr, then it’s continuously vital to backup your Tumblr journal and shields it from loss. There is a unit many that to backup Tumblr blogs and you’ll be able to use the manner which suits you. Tumblr is small journaling and social networking website that enables users to form a web diary or blog. Users will follow their favorite interests, different Tumblrs, and whole influencers to share content to and from. In this article, learn how to backup Tumblr blog
See Alos: Instagram caption generator
- 1 Access Tumblr Page
- 2 Is Tumblr safe?
- 3 How do you use Tumblr on iPhone?
- 4 The Advantages of Tumblr account
- 5 Backup Your Tumblr Blogs
- 6 Conclusion
Access Tumblr Page
If you’re trying to find a selected journal on Tumblr, you’ll navigate thereto directly by following Tumblr’s computer address info rules.
- Navigate to Tumblr.com in your applications program, and enter your account info to log in.
- Click the “Explore Tumblr” button on the proper facet of the page.
Is Tumblr safe?
Tumblr is safe to use. If you do not need your journal to be seen by anyone and everybody, you’ll be able to build it non-public. They need conjointly taken measures to dam and otherwise cope with blogs relating to suicide, consumption disorders, and different sorts of self-harm. Also, they do not de jure enable anyone below the age of thirteen to use Tumblr.
Click a blog’s name or avatar to open it up, and then click the hand glass at the highest of the journal. Now type varieties such as you mean it. Get your results.
How do you use Tumblr on iPhone?
For ios, you may get to open your App Settings from your Home screen. Then select the Tumblr App. you may see a “Safe Mode” choice. Faucet it and set it to “Don’t hide something.” On the opposite hand, if you are a victimization associate in nursing robot device, you ought to move to the Tumblr app itself and click on Settings from your profile.
The Advantages of Tumblr account
It is not simply a social network. Like Facebook and Twitter, Tumblr permits you to post standing updates and share photos, however, Tumblr conjointly offers up different selections of content to share with its nominal choices.
- It’s customizable
- Distinctive tagging system
- It is a community
You can export all of the content you’ve created for your journal, and we’ll package it up into a convenient nada file for you to transfer.
To start the method, navigate to your account settings on the web:
- Click “Settings” below the account icon at the highest of the dashboard.
- choose the journal you’d wish to export on the proper facet of the page.
- Scroll right down to the “Export” section and click on the “Export [blog name]” button.
- You’ll see a message indicating that your backup is processed.
When your blog’s content is finished collection, the process message is replaced with a “Download backup” button. Click this button to transfer a zipped file of your blog’s exported contents. Beneath the “Download backup” button, you may conjointly see another “Export [blog name]” button for generating a brand new journal export.
You will conjointly receive an associate in a nursing email from Tumblr, notifying you that the backup has been completed. If you are commercialism a gaggle journal, please note that solely. Admins are notified of its completion. If you would like to export the contents of over one of your blogs, you will need to initiate this method individually for every journal.
Your journal export could include:
- A Posts folder, with Associate in Nursing hypertext mark-up language file for every post (this includes reblogs, drafts, non-public posts, flagged posts, and the other hidden posts).
- A Media folder, with the media from your posts, and any media you’ve uploaded (like in messaging). These files are within the format you uploaded them in (JPG, GIF, PNG, MP4, and so on).
- Illustration of your blog’s electronic communication conversations, in hypertext mark-up language format.
- Illustration of your blog’s posts, conjointly in hypertext mark-up language format.
- Liked Posts
Note that your backup could take a while to method. Check back on your blog’s settings page sporadically to examine if it’s completed
Backup Your Tumblr Blogs
Following are some ways that can help you to take the backup of your Tumblr blogs
1. Official Tumblr Backup
Tumblr itself provides an option to backup your blogs. It is a little time-consuming, depending on the size of data you want to backup. Tumblr helps you make a copy of all the files uploaded and download and store them on your external hard drive for transfer or backup or future reference.
How to use it :
- Select the blog you wish to backup.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and find the “Export” option at the bottom.
- Select export.
- Tumblr sends an email when your blog export is ready.
- Once it’s done, open your blog page.
- Click on the download link.
Your export is ready to be stored in hard drives as backup.
2. Tumblr App Backup
Tumblr App allows its users to have a local backup for all their posts. It creates an in-device HTML extension that gives you access to the backed-up files when opened in a web browser.
Here’s how to do it:
- Put in your log-in credentials to enter your Tumblr account.
- Choose the blog you wish to backup from the menu.
- Select a local folder to save your files.
- Select the “Start” button to start saving the data.
- Files will download to the selected folder.
- Open “index.html” in your preferred web browser
You will be directed to the local copy of your blog page.
3. Backing up on WordPress
Uploading on WordPress is one of the simplest ways to backup Tumblr blogs. But it has just one catch: for free blogs, you can only upload up to 3 GB of data. Their premium plans do allow storage expansion. You can find out their premium plan details on their website.
Nonetheless, having a simple user interface makes it a good choice for Tumblr blog backups, and here is how you can do the same:
- Create a WordPress account and log in.
- Open “WordPress Admin.”
- Select “Other importers.”
- Then Select “Import from Tumblr.”
- Connect to Tumblr to start the backup process.
- Select your blog of choice.
- Click on the Import blog.
According to your selected plan at WordPress it will create a back up and store it.
This is a pretty systematic way to backup Tumblr, but it can be cumbersome. For this, you need to know the Python programming language. You can get ready-made setups from other bloggers who’ve done the same if you run short on coding knowledge like me.
This works well on different platforms like Mac and Windows, and above all, it has no data limit. So you can upload anything and everything your blog entails. It is, however, complicated to use for people who do not know programming. It might come off as a nightmare to them.
TumblThree is convenient to use once you download and install the app on your desktop as it is only a desktop-based application. It never runs out of data limit, and the installation process is easy.
Here is how you can use TumblThree:
- Go to the settings.
- Specify the directory
- Click the button
The app will make a separate folder to put all the pictures, audio, and other Media. If TumblThree backs up the blog, it will grab likes and the same configuration. After adding the blog, the page will refresh itself automatically and download the media. However, Mac and Linux can not use TumblThree to back up Tumblr.
This particular software works only on JAVA. It will extract all media files from your blog on Tumblr. It downloads the media in the quickest way possible.
The mentioned instructions should be followed to set up the software:
- Java should be installed.
- Ripme.jar is similar to .exe, and it is executable.
- Double click on ripme.jar and if for some reason it refuses to open, then right-click on it and manually select the option Open With.
This method to backup Tumblr is python/terminal based as well, and the installation process is straightforward. Only blog and side blogs will be downloaded as it requires an authentication key. There will be a problem with data limits, but one can mail Tumblr to request data expansion. The response to those requests, however, is improbable. It requires minimal knowledge about the technical side of computers. It works on both; Windows as well as Mac.
Here are the instructions:
1. First, install Python 3.6.
2. Install Pip. You can check that by running the following command: $ pip3—version
3. Duplicate the mentioned repository:
$ git clone https://github
$ cd backup_tumblr
4. Then, install python dependencies.
5. Register yourself and get a Tumblr API key.
6. If you want to save all the likes, then first, make all the likes visible to the public by visiting Tumblr.com.
The above-mentioned methods can be used to easily back up your Tumblr and keep them safe in case you ever forget your login credentials. Try them out yourself; if you’re somebody who deals with blogs then these methods will come in handy. Therefore you can check this out if you want to get higher compensation when someone downloads your files.
Sourabh Kulesh is a Chief Sub Editor at TechiePlus. He has worked in a national daily newspaper, a news agency, a magazine and now writing technology news online. He has knowledge on a wide gamut of topics related to cybersecurity, enterprise and consumer technology.