Xbox is the most widley used platform to play games online. The Wireless Xbox Controller is the most common game controller for the Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S domestic video game consoles. It’s also sold for use in Windows-based total computers and is compatible with various operating systems, including macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. As a result, it is widely recognized as one of the best online gaming controllers available. It does, however, degrade and require repair from time to time. So one needs to learn how to disassemble Xbox One controller.
This article will help you to learn how to disassemble Xbox Controller easily with two different methods.
How To Disassemble Xbox One controller?
There are two ways by which you can disassemble Xbox One Controller. Follow these methods and you can effectively open up your controller.
Method 1 : With Torx
Find a simple and tidy workspace that is well lit before removing the Xbox One remote. If you don’t have them already, you may want to get the following items:
- T-eight protection
- Torx prying tool
You may use a Torx bit in a motive force, a socket wrench, or a dedicated Torx motive force, so it must be a T-eight safety Torx. Using something small enough to fit in the gap between the controller housing and stop covers for the prying unit. If at all possible, use a plastic device to avoid damaging the controller’s housing.
These are the steps you should follow to disassemble Xbox One controller.
- Consider running towards the tray to prevent screws or other parts from slipping to the ground or being misplaced.
- Remove the orange prying tool from the device package.
- Slide the prying mechanism between the grips’ rubber seams.
- Pull the grip away from the main controller’s body. It’s worth noting that there may be some glue holding it in place under the acrylic, so don’t be afraid to use that force.
- Do this with each grip once more.
- After that, carefully remove the screws.
- After you remove all of the screws, the Xbox controller will fall off. Be very careful because yanking it apart so hard will damage the cord that connects the battery to the circuitry.
- Take out the T8 screwdriver from the package and begin removing the five safety screws. Each of the screws is concealed under the adhesive sticker on the battery housing.
- Examine the gamepad’s internal workings now. However, take care not to misplace any of the components!
- The controller is made up of three main components. The front faceplate, the circuitry-filled frame, and backplate with battery compartment. As you manipulate the joystick, be careful not to miss any components.
When reassembling the X Box controller, make sure the battery ports are well covered in the backplate, as well as the audio jack under it is snugly matched into the outer casing.
Method 2 : Without Torx
Since it is relatively easy to use, disassembling your Xbox One controller with a Torx screwdriver is a good option. But, if you don’t have any at home and still want to fix those annoying unruly controller keys, there is a way. Follow the instructions below to learn how to disassemble Xbox controller without using a special driver.
- Get a 2mm slotted and flathead screwdriver, preferably one made for electronics.
- You will require a two-millimeter slotted bit and a flathead screwdriver; seven screws total, including a secret bonus screw.
- Using the screwdriver as a wedge, you can quickly unscrew them. You must unscrew both of them, or they will not fall apart.
- You’ve successfully disassembled the Xbox One controller without using the special screwdriver!
The suitable information is which one ought not to alter the screws, screwdriver, or move to look for a custom screwdriver to carry out this academic on the way to take aside Xbox One controller!
The important information is that you cannot change the screws, screwdriver, or go on a quest for a custom screwdriver to complete this tutorial.
How Can You Open A Wired Xbox Controller?
- Check and switch off the controller.
- Turn the joystick around so that the back of it is facing you.
- In the lower-right center of the controller, there is a small sticker with a barcode, though the barcode can fade over time. This sticker is next to the Microsoft hologram. Remove this sticker to expose a screw hole. (Removing this sticker voids all existing contracts with the controller.)
- From the back of the controller, take out the seven screws and set them aside. Put them in such a place where you find them easily.
- Disassemble Xbox One controller shell into two parts.
- Remove the bottom plate from the controller case.
- Remove the top plate (containing two bumper buttons) from the controller shell.
- Carefully remove the circuit board. You can replace the analog sticks by picking and pushing straight up.
- Fix the D-pad (Directional Pad) to the top half of the controller case. To clear the D-Pad, remove the two small screws. You will require a smaller screwdriver since these screws are smaller than those on the controller casing.
- Without extra screwdrivers, you can detach the D-pad on an Xbox 360 wired controller.
- After removing the two screws, you’ll find two small clips inside the D-Pad. Slowly pry the clips apart to separate the two parts of the D-Pad. The D-Pad is easily replaceable.
Repairing The Xbox Controller
Try to do repairs after you correctly disassemble Xbox One controller.
Such concerns can be kept constant by using practically cleaning components, while others necessitate upgrading components. In certain cases, you need advanced skills such as soldering to remove and replace parts. Depending on your level of enjoyment, you might choose to leave more of the upkeep to the experts.
Other repairs, such as fixing or replacing the D-pad loop, are much easier. If your D-pad isn’t working properly, try this quick fix:
- Carefully pry off the spring metallic D-pad ring with a prying device or tweezers.
- Carefully raise the palms at the D-pad ring to practice applying more air, then reassemble. If the problem persists, you might need a new D-pad ring.
The Xbox controller is now one of the best console and PC controllers available. Its ergonomic and minimalistic design will charm a large number of people, while its plug-and-play Windows usability will make it extremely useful for very small tech-savvy computer users. Although you can take disassemble One Xbox controller without too much hassle, there are certain power issues to be aware of, and you’ll also need a pair of advanced gear that you probably don’t have on hand.
This is how you can disassemble Xbox One Controller. We hope this article has helped you to open up your controller and fix the issue. Now that you know how to fix your controller, you can enjoy the best Xbox games online. Happy gaming!
Sourabh Kulesh is a Chief Sub Editor at TechiePlus. He has worked in a national daily newspaper, a news agency, a magazine and now writing technology news online. He has knowledge on a wide gamut of topics related to cybersecurity, enterprise and consumer technology.