Craigslist has categories for housing, for sale, services, volunteer work, jobs, wanted goods, resumes, forum discussions, and gigs. Craigslist sometimes stops working, but you can fix it. So we will discuss why is Craigslist not working.
Craigslist is not working sometimes because of the WiFi network and internet connection. You can fix craigslist not working by Examine Your Internet connection, Clear All Cookies & Cache, Reset The Browser, Check Time And Date Settings, Remove The Ad Blocker, Turn Off VPN, etc.
There are multiple causes for Craigslist not working. You can fix this by using the methods given below. Please read below to know why is Craigslist not working. Continue reading this article to learn about problems with Craigslist not working and how to fix them.
- 1 Why Is Craigslist Not Working?
- 2 9 Ways To Fix Craigslist Not Working
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Why Is Craigslist Not Working?
The causes of Craigslist’s inability to load could not be more dissimilar. The majority of the time, the internet connection is at fault. If your device connects to a WiFi signal but still has trouble, you should try using your browser to visit an online resource. To know about fixing them, read the methods given below for why is Craigslist not working.
9 Ways To Fix Craigslist Not Working
Why is Craigslist not working? Here are a few methods to fix craigslist not working. Read more in detail.
Examine Your Internet connection
The primary issue is frequently the internet connection. Additionally, see if other websites function normally to determine if it is truly an internet problem.
Try switching your network if necessary. Consider using your mobile data to access the Craigslist flagging software if you are currently linked to Wi-Fi to see if that resolves the problem.
Additionally, you can attempt to restart the router or modem by turning it off and back on to fix why is Craigslist not working.
Clear All Cookies & Cache
Cookies are small text files that websites you visit can use to improve your online experience. Additionally, the cache saves pieces of pages, such as photos, to make them open more quickly on subsequent visits.
Why is Craigslist not working? It can occasionally become corrupted, which could make the website malfunction. You must clear your cache and cookies to resolve the website’s loading problems. Follow these methods to remove or delete cookies and cache from Google Chrome.
- After opening Chrome, click More (three dots) in the upper right corner.
- Select Clear Browsing Information Now from the More Tools menu by tapping it. You may specify a time frame or select All Time to clear everything.
Follow these methods to remove or delete cookies and cache from Google Chrome Safari.
- Go to Settings, hit Safari, and choose Clear History and Website Information to erase your browsing history and cookies when craigslist is loading slowly.
- To store your history and delete cookies: Advanced Website Data in Settings > Safari > Remove All Website Data after that.
- To visit websites without leaving a history, switching to private browsing is advised. Remember that deleting your Safari cookies, cache, and history will not alter your AutoFill data.
- It will, however, delete your browsing information, such as your list of regularly visited websites, the things you’ve downloaded, a history of recent searches, a record of the websites you’ve visited, and icons for web pages.
Reset The Browser
It would help if you restarted your browser after clearing its cache and cookies to access Craigslist again, as craigslist won’t load. By doing this, the browser will be reset to your preferred location.
See Also: How Do I Know If My Version Of Chrome Is Up To Date? 3 Ways To Know
Check Time And Date Settings
Make sure your device’s time and date are correct because if they aren’t, there could be issues and the craigslist mobile app needs to be fixed.
So, go to Start > Settings > Time & Language > Date & Time on your computer to set the time and date. Click the change button after modifying the date and time as needed.
See Also: How To Unblock Downloads On Chrome [Easy Stepwise Guide]
Remove The Ad Blocker
You may have an ad-blocker setting enabled, preventing you from visiting the Craigslist posting software. As a result, switch it off and see if that fixes the Craigslist not working issue.
You can remove the Ad Blocker in Google Chrome by following these steps.
- To open the Chrome browser, click the three dots on its right side.
- Select Extensions by selecting More tools options.
- Turn off the ad-blocking extension now.
You can remove the Ad Blocker in Safari by following these steps.
- Go to Settings and choose Safari.
- Select Content Blocker from the General area at this point.
- Then try turning off your ad blocker to see if it works to solve why is Craigslist not working.
See Also: 6 Best Google Chrome Themes You Should Use In 2023
Turn Off VPN
A VPN may interfere with the proper operation of any website, including craigslist problems if you have one activated on your device. You can turn off VPN in Windows by following these steps.
- Go to Settings and select the Network & Internet option.
- Select VPN from the menu.
- Select Disconnect. After picking the VPN connection, you wish to stop using it.
You can turn off VPN in macOS by following these steps. Use the methods below to disable your VPN directly from the Settings menu:
- Go to System Preferences, then select network.
- From the left side, select your VPN connection.
- Select Disconnect now.
See Also: Download Embedded Video On Chrome With Easy Steps
Refresh The Browser
You will be better protected against scams, malware, and other risks if you use the most recent version of your browser. Additionally, it corrects any past browser flaws or defects.
So, upgrade to the recent version and check if that resolves the problem of why is Craigslist not working. You can refresh the browser in Google Chrome by following these steps.
- Open the Play Store app and select the Profile icon.
- Go to Manage Apps & Device and select the Updates Available section to discover Chrome.
- Find it, then click Update.
You can refresh the browser in Safari by following these steps.
- Select General in the Settings app, then click Software Update.
- Choose Update.
- It will download the most recent version of your devices and install it along with the latest version of Safari.
Use Another Browser
Try using a different browser if you suspect that the one you use is the source of any problems with the Craigslist website, like why is Craigslist not working.
For instance, if you are presently using Chrome when craigslist not loading, try Edge, Safari, Firefox, or vice versa to see if that makes a difference.
Restart The Device
Try restarting your PC if none of the above fixes resolves the problem. However, sometimes the Craigslist website may not load due to a problem with your device. Additionally, check your device for any available updates.
Is Craigslist a reliable source for employment?
Craigslist is the most popular classifieds service across all media, adding more than 80 million new ads each month. The website is one of the leading job boards in the world, with more than 2 million new job ads each month.
What is Craigslist?
A website for reading and publishing local ads is called Craigslist. It functions much like a newspaper's classifieds section and is free to use. On Craigslist, you can find an ad for practically anything.
Is online shopping preferable to Craigslist shopping?
You'll typically discover fewer costs on Craigslist than on regular internet shopping sites or physical storefronts. You can save money because many items posted and sold on Craigslist are secondhand, end of the season, extra stock, etc.
How can I advertise on Craigslist?
Craigslist posting Become an expert Craigslist shopper in your area. Run a search using the words 'Craigslist' and the name of your city. Explore the site's various areas, including housing, employment, and community. Find your local website and save it for quick access later.
This article can help you in fixing the Craigslist website issue. why is Craigslist not working? The solutions mentioned above can be used to address the issue of Craiglist not functioning. You can easily use these methods to solve the issue. Try utilizing your browser to access an online resource if your device is connected to a WiFi network but still has issues. If you want to learn about the best things to sell on Craigslist, click here.
Carrie-Ann Skinner is Smart Home & Appliances Editor at TechiePlus, and has more than two decades experience in both online and print journalism, with 13 years of that spent covering all-things tech. Carrie specializes in smart home devices such as smart plugs and smart lights, as well as large and small appliances including vacuum cleaners, air fryers, and blenders.