Fire TV Stick has been quite popular for streaming online content. However, several Fire TV users find it very challenging to Pair and unpair FireStick remote. If you are looking for how to unpair firestick remote, you are at the right place. By the end of this article, you can pair and unpair Fire TV remote in no time and will be able to enjoy your favorite shows without any complications.
- 1 Unpair Fire TV Remote -Illustration
- 2 Pairing Fire TV Remote: Problems
- 3 Unpair Fire TV Remote:
- 4 Conclusion
Unpair Fire TV Remote -Illustration
Before you learn to unpair fire stick remote, look at a brief illustration of it.
- Voice button
- Play/ Pause
- Fast forward
Pairing Fire TV Remote: Problems
Let us have a look at some scenarios one faces during pairing the Fire tv remote are while pairing,
- the remote for the first time(Firestick startup).
- a Replacement or additional remote.
- Game controllers.
- App-based remotes.
Pairing For The First Time(Firestick Startup)
Fire TV sticks are incredibly easy to set up; for the first time, when the TV boots itself, make sure it has an active internet connection and then starts streaming, the TV remote will automatically Pair itself. However, in some cases, it does not exist in such cases. Therefore, one will have to pair it manually by the mentioned steps below.
- Restart your Fire TV.
- Make sure the remote has a new AAA battery provided in the box.
- Press and hold the Home button for about ten seconds while the Tv initiates a startup. This will get you into pairing mode.
- The LED light on the remote will start blinking.
- The home screen appears, which means the remote is successfully paired.
Pairing A Replacement Or Additional Remote
Fire TV remote is not limited to only one. You can pair six additional remotes. This is often useful when your existing remote is not working or is lost. Now let us have a glimpse of how to pair additional remotes.
- Open the “Home” screen of Fire Tv.
- Navigate to “Settings,” located on the menu bar.
- Go to the “Controller & Bluetooth Devices” option on the next step.
- Choose “Amazon Fire TV Remotes.”
- Select “Add new remote” on the next window.
- Long press the Home key on your “New or Replacement” remote for about ten seconds.
- Once the new remote Gets Discovered by the Fire TV, it will appear in the list.
- The pairing will be completed when confirmed from the old remote in case of pairing an additional remote.
- After Successful Pairing, the TV remote will appear in the drop-down list of “Fire Tv Remotes.”
Pairing Game Controllers
- Navigate to home page
- Navigate to “Settings” located on the menu bar on the top right corner
- Go to the “Controller & BlueTooth devices” menu.
- Select “other BlueTooth devices” on the next step.
- Go to the “Add Bluetooth Devices” option.
- Make sure the device you are trying to pair is Discoverable via Bluetooth.
- Choose the device when it’s discoverable; it will start pairing automatically.
Pairing App-Based Remotes
- Download and install The Fire TV app on the device from which you want to control the fire TV (App Available on Google play store or apple app store )
- Open the Application once installed.
- Sign in using the Proper user name and Password of Amazon.
- Look for notification of a four-digit pin displayed on Fire TV and enter it on the smartphone
- Now you can start using your Android or IOS device as a TV remote Via the Fire TV application
Unpair Fire TV Remote:
Let us look at the scenarios when one wants to unpair amazon fire tv remote , while unpairing
- the only remote you are using with the existing Fire TV device.
- multiple Remotes you are using with the existing Fire TV device.
- Paired Remote Apps with the existing Fire TV device.
Unpairing The Only Remote You Are Using With The Existing Device
Warning: If one uses only a single remote and you wish to unpair it, you will no longer control the Fire TV unless the remote is paired to the TV again.
- The Fire Tv remote can not be unpaired while the TV is on, so make sure you turn off the TV first.
- Pair the existing remote with any other Fire TV using the steps mentioned above to unpair Fire TV remote paired with the previous Fire TV.
Unpairing Multiple Remotes You Are Using With The Existing Device
If you are using Multiple remotes with your Fire TV and you want to unpair the rest of the paired remotes, follow these steps
- Go to the Home page.
- Navigate to “Settings,” located on the menu bar in the top right corner.
- Select the “Controller & BlueTooth devices.”
- Go for “Amazon Fire TV Remotes.”
- Navigate to the remote you wish to unpair.
- Press SELECT on the other remote to confirm unpairing.
- Follow these steps again to unpair multiple paired remotes one at a time.
Unpairing Paired Remote Apps
This is quite strange when it comes to unpair Fire stick remote. You can not simply unpair a remote paired app once you initially pair it with the TV. The only way possible to do this is to factory reset the Fire TV.
Pairing a Fire TV remote is very user-friendly because, in most cases, the Fire TV Remote gets paired automatically. If not, then it needs to be paired manually. The above-provided steps will be very useful to guide you through and solve the pairing and unpairing issues of the Fire TV Remote. We hope this article was helpful to unpair Fire TV remote on your TV!
Olivia is TechiePlus’s Audio & Music Editor, covering everything from headphones to music streaming services. Based in TechiePlus’s London offices, she’s a popular music graduate who worked in the music industry before finding her calling in journalism. In her spare time Olivia likes gardening, painting, and hanging with her cat Ethel and golden retriever Dora.