‘The directory name is invalid’ is a sudden pop-up that appears due to a system error. Most typically, it seems due to the insertion of a weak USB cable to external devices. Disabled cables are unwittingly plugged in, which eventually ends up in directory error. Exchanging cable with a correct one could facilitate, however, what if the error persists?
In that case, you are speculated to examine and extract out the different causes of the error.
You can easily fix this issue in a tap using Advanced System Repair Pro! Download it from the button here.
Top 6 Ways To Solve The Directory Name is Invalid Error
Here are six ways on how you can find and fix it:
Method #1: Use Advanced System Repair Pro (Recommended Solution)
This is the first and probably the simplest method that you can use. All you have to do is install and run the software. That’s it! The software will run it’s magic and fix the problem itself for you. Amazing, right?
Steps to install Advanced System Repair Pro:
- Download this PC Repair Tool which is Rated as Excellent on TrustPilot.com by 4000+ Users!
- Run the software and tap on one-click maintenance.
- Watch the program detect the issue on your system and fix it itself.
Method #2: Uninstalling Heavy And Potentially Harming Applications
As I said, there are some applications that may harm or make the system sluggish. Maybe, because too many files come along the applications. There may be bugs in them or just because they’re heavy they cause problems. The instances of these files are Dropbox. You may have linked it to Dropbox. And thus it may have caused The Directory Name is Invalid issue. The solution is to uninstall these applications.
- See the search option at the bottom left of your screen? Type “Run” and it will show the Run command option.
- When you click on that, it will make a small dialogue box materialize. You can type the command and open the apps from here.
- Figure out which are the applications that cause The Directory Name is Invalid issue. Then if you press the mouse’s right button, there will be several options.
- Click on the options to uninstall and Tadaa! The uninstallation is complete.
To be more comfortable, I’m listing another way.
- Do the same, search ‘Control Panel’ on the bar adjacent to the windows icon
- Then, open ‘Programs’ from that
- Now, choose the one you want to get rid of. For example, choose Dropbox, again press the mouse button
- Options will appear and then you delete it
After you’ve done all of that, restart your computer. Hopefully, it should fix The Directory Name is Invalid issue and you work with your system again. Flawlessly.
Method #3: Boot Your System Clean!
Ok, some applications/files are very important. Their absence can affect the functioning of your computer. But there are some of these, which are totally unnecessary. They come with other software we install. Some of us aren’t even aware of their existence. But they use our system’s resources like memory, processing speed, so on and so forth.
Then the resources which the significant apps should use, go to these less-useful ones. That may restrict the functions of the system. Causing problems like The Directory Name is Invalid issue and the likes of it. The remedy to all of it is to perform a clean reboot of the PC. To state in layman terms, when it happens, the PC starts up, new, with only a few files.
Steps That Go Into Performing the Reboot
Again open the small dialogue box using the run command as I explained above. Type ‘MSConfig’ and press the button which takes you forward. Done? Great.
- Now pay attention to the next steps if you want to get rid of The Directory Name is Invalid problem. The above steps open up to the Configuration section of windows. Switch the tabs now. Open the one that says ‘Services’. There you’ll have to deal with two options.
- Firstly, You’ll have to disable all services, then you have to hide everything. The options for both of them are on your screen. Now, turn off all the apps/services which have a relatively high impact on your system.
- To do that, follow the same steps and open the configuration portal once more. Choose the tab called ‘startup’, now. Before doing it, if the system asks for a restart, don’t do it. Now, once you’re in the startup tab, try to open the task manager. It will show several fields. To resolve your The Directory Name is Invalid issue, focus on the last.
- Turn off the applications that have a really high impact. You can analyze it if you take a look at the impact startup option. After going through all of that, your system will start clean and afresh if you reboot.
So, readers, that was regarding The Directory Name is Invalid issue. But the methods that I discussed with you may work equally well with a number of windows errors. So go through the article. Choose the one you think is the easiest and try it. If you have an error of the likes of it.
But yes, be careful, because these errors can be tricky and sneaky. So watch each step and tread carefully.
Also, do less us know if you’d like to add anything.