Ever since the development of computers and the world of the web, cybersecurity has always been the topic of discussion. With the advancement of technology, cyber threats have become a concerning issue. Cybersecurity aims to protect the user’s data from being attack by cyber threats. Despite the truth that cybersecurity has impressively developed more grounded with time, hacking instruments have also progressed. Moreover, hackers find some or other ways to hijack an operating system. They find ways for embedding viruses and malware into the devices. One such most commonly and actively used malicious adware is the Fuq.com virus. Thus, the need for fuq.com virus removal arises.
What Is Fuq.com Virus?
The fuq.com virus is an adware virus that redirects web page. This virus route the user to pornographic resource content without the user’s consent. It is active since 2018. Moreover, the fuq.com virus is a potentially unwanted program and is stated under the Browser Hijacker category.
Because of its mischievously suspicious behavior, the fuq.com virus displays infected ads on Windows/Mac/ Safari. If clicked, the operating system may become a gateway to malicious malware attacks. The main motive of the fuq.com virus is to overtake the user’s browsing control and risk the computer’s privacy.
The fuq virus can track the users’ IP address and collect their personal information such as bank details, passwords, web page history, URLs.
Read Also: 6 Best Cloud Gaming Services
Know If the Browser Has fuq.com virus?
The fuq.com virus gets installed through Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and other web browsing applications. Moreover, the adware virus makes its entry through Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and other web browsing applications. Furthermore, it can control the users’ browser application by consequently setting up the start-up and search page to the default page.
Also, the users may come across many suspicious redirect webpages and pop-up advertisements. Also, fake adobe install update pop-ups, and unwanted download applications, gives users a hard time browsing experience.
Protect browser And System From The Fuq Virus
The following points might help you protect your browser and operating system from getting attacked by the viruses like the fuq.com virus or any other cyber-attacks.
- Make sure to install strong anti-virus software.
- For a network connection, use a proper firewall.
- Regularly update your passwords.
- Avoid downloading software programs and game applications from share-file websites.
- Avoid visiting unsafe web pages.
- Clicking on pop-up advertisements or any other displayed flash advertisements on the webpage must be avoided.
- Avoid clicking on security alerts and prizes to win that are mostly seen under redirect pages.
Ways To Remove The Fuq.com Virus
This virus can harm the device and risk your personal data, thus, eliminating them becomes essential.
The removal of the Fuq.com virus from the operating systems and web browsing applications doesn’t require any involvement of software.
Remove from Windows
Following steps can be used by the users to remove the fuq.com virus.
- Click Start
- Go to Control Panel
- Locate Programs and Features
- Click Add/ Remove
Windows 10 & 8
- Click Start
- Go to Settings
- Locate Apps & Features
- Search Fuq.com and related applications
- Click Uninstall
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now the go to the browser’s shortcut.
- Right-click on the shortcut and click Properties
- Click the Shortcut tab, move to the Target field, delete the suspicious URL, and hit OK to save the changes.
Repeat the same steps for uninstalling and removing the suspicious applications from the Windows OS and web browsers.
Remove from Mac
Follow these steps to remove the fuq.com virus from the Mac operating system:
- Click the Menu Bar
- Go to Applications
- Under the Application folder, locate the Fuq.com virus and related files.
- Pick and move to trash.
To completely remove the fuq.com virus, you need to give access to the following folders to delete the required files:
- Launch Daemons,
- Application Support, and
- Launch Agents
- After the access has been granted
- Click Go and select Go to the folder.
- Type in /Library/Application Support and press Enter and delete any malicious files.
Now repeat the same above-mentioned procedures for Launch Daemons and Launch Agents. This is to remove the fuq.com virus from the Mac operating system successfully.
Remove from Safari
Following these steps to remove the fuq.com virus from Safari:
- Click Safari from the Menu Bar
- Locate Preferences
- Click Extensions
- Locate Fuq.com or any malicious add-ons
- Click Uninstall
Following these steps to remove the fuq.com virus from the web browsing application successfully:
- Keep Safari open and click Safari from the Menu Bar.
- Locate Preferences
- Click General
- Move to Homepage
- Delete and replace the URL with the preferred URL
- Again click Safari from the Menu Bar.
- Locate Reset Safari
- Select all the options in the dialog window and hit reset.
Moreover, regular updates of the operating systems, using reliable anti-virus software, enabling ad blocker, and taking regular backups are some of the methods to keep their operating system bug-free.