With the wide range of uses and the increasing dependency rate on Google chrome for everyday work. Searching for a simple definition or learning a new language has increased beyond imagination. Hence facing any problem while accessing Google Chrome can be very bothersome and sometimes even annoying. This article will get to know how to fix Not enough memory to open this page issue. And if you want to download embedded video on Chrome with easy steps then click here.
Now let us know the reasons behind the problem and how you can solve it!
Visit: Google Chrome
Why is this problem caused?
The error message stating that “Not enough memory to open this page in Google chrome” actually means that it isn’t sufficient, and you need free RAM to open a webpage. This might include extensive multimedia components like animations, videos, other tabs, etc.
Google sometimes even shows a few alternative messages with the same problem. It may state, “Google Chrome ran out of memory while trying to display this page.”
How do we solve this?
Now to the actual question, how do we solve this problematic situation to access and smoothen the use of Google Chrome?
One can use any or a few solutions from the following list:
- Closing other inactive browsing tabs
- Clear the Cache of the Chrome
- Update your Chrome
- Expand the page filling capacity
- Turning off the hardware acceleration
Let us know each of the solutions a bit more!
Closing other inactive browsing tabs
- The first step is to press the Customize Google Chrome button.
- After that, click on More Tools and select Extensions, and this will help you open the tab that is shown directly below.
- Press the remove button or click all the switch buttons of the extensions to turn off the extra tabs.
- Then Restart the Chrome and subsequently turn off the wings.
- Then retry opening the page that was showing the error and didn’t open earlier.
Clear the Cache of the Chrome
To solve the issue of Not enough memory to open this page, you also need to clear the cache of chrome.
- The first action is to click the button of Customize Google Chrome, and clear Chrome’s cache as this frequently helps fix the page display errors.
- The next step is to Select More tools and select the Clear browsing data option to open the window which lies below it.
- Now choose the Cached images and files option.
- To maximize your clearance, select the Cookies and other site data check box.
- Then Choose All time on the drop-down menu of Time range and select the clear data option.
Update your Chrome
You can often suffer the problem of Not enough memory to open this page if you don’t have the updated version of Chrome and might be using the 32-bit version.
So it would help if you also kept your Chrome updated to the 64-bit version.
Expand the page filling capacity
To solve the problem of Not enough memory to open this page, you can also try this option.
- Open Cortana via the taskbar and enter in the search box “Advanced system settings.”
- After this, select View advanced system settings. This will help you open the window that is directly below the one which is being viewed.
- Select the Advanced Tab, and then after opening the window below, select the Performance Options window.
- After completion of the last step, deselect the option starting Automatically manage paging file size for all drives and then select the button with Custom size radio.
- Now you will have to enter a value in the Initial size text that obscures Recommended and Currently allocated values stated.
- Press ok.
Turning off the hardware acceleration
- Begin this process by entering the chrome://settings/ in Google Chrome’s URL bar, and then select the Return key option.
- Now select Advanced and choose the Use hardware acceleration option when available and turn it off.
- Restart Chrome.
There are several additional ways to solve this problematic situation faced by many Chrome users that is Not enough memory to open this page. Still, the above is the most widely used method that has given successful results to the user. Many also try and use the renaming of Google’s default folder and uninstalling the unnecessary chrome extensions.
Thus concluding, the error – ‘Not enough memory to open this page’ occurs when your system runs out of access memory, and therefore Chrome can’t work correctly in the background anymore. Every time you open a website on Chrome, it accesses a little bit of your random-access memory, which is also used by all other applications in your system like the Operating system and other accessories. If none of the previously mentioned solutions solves the problem for you, another alternative solution to this problem is reducing unnecessary applications on your computer. By uninstalling this unnecessary software, you can free up their share of space from the R.A.M.
Also, You can avoid this by reducing the number of desktop images in your system and removing live wallpapers from your system, if you have any, as these too suck up a lot of the memory. If none of the above-listed or previously mentioned hacks works for you, the last resort would then be to upgrade your R.A.M to a higher memory size of the latest generation(DDR4/DDR5). This might be the costliest solution of all, which will also be the best option if none of the previously mentioned methods works.
See: DDR4/DDR5 RAM
See Also: 6 Best Android Launcher Apps
Tech Enthusiast. I live for Android and Windows OS. Everything new in the world of tech inspires me to write. I spend over 12 hours in front of my computer daily to learn as much as I can and in return put out equal valued content.