When we buy an expensive and renowned product from a famous brand, we always wish that the product is not only durable but also is very fast in all of its functioning. But sometimes, we fall prey to our mistakes and blame the company for a faulty product. In this article, we will talk about some of the best ways to fix iPhone not showing up in iTunes.
The same case happens when even a small issue like connecting an iPhone to iTunes can get on the nerves. You might have connected it carefully and waited for sufficient time and also tried disconnecting and reconnecting it to the PC. Though even then, there are possibilities of iPhone not showing up in iTunes.
- How to Format SD Card on MAC in 5 Simple Ways
- The 5 Best Screenwriting Software for your Media Career 
What to do If iPhone Not Showing Up in iTunes
No matter how hard it is to fix the issue of iPhone not showing up in iTunes, following are some ways to make it easier for you.
How to Solve Hardware Issues
Sometimes the problems created can be because of the most straightforward reasons. In this case, the reason of iPhone not showing up in iTunes can be connectivity or the computer hardware issues. There might be an issue with the USB port of the computer, and it might either be damaged or some dirt in it.
Also, the problem of iPhone not showing up in iTunes could lie within the cable. That is why it might not establish a logical connection between the iPhone and the computer. It might happen that using a cable from an unauthorized seller might not be compatible with data transfer but only be good enough for charging.
- Try using all the available ports of PC and wait for some time to check thoroughly.
- If you have another laptop, try connecting the iPhone to its iTunes to check if the problem persists or not.
- If the problem persists, change the cable. It is advisable to use an Apple Certified Cable to prevent any damages to the port and the battery.
How to Solve Software Issues
The iTunes software that is available on the computer by default. It can be either outdated or have some bugs in it. Also, if the iPhone is new and connected to an old version of iTunes, it might not connect, and that might become a reason of iPhone not showing up in iTunes.
- Update your iTunes software regularly using the “Choose Help > Check for Updates” option. It will search for a new update that should be downloaded and installed immediately.
- You can turn on the notifications for update Choose Edit > Preferences, click Advanced, then make sure that “Check for new updates automatically” is selected. Updating software will ensure the removal of bugs and issues.
Reset Privacy Settings
There is an option that is asked on iPhone at the beginning during the first connection i.e., “Trust this Computer.” Usually, when using our computer, we have to press “Trust.” But if by chance you pressed “Don’t Trust,” the iPhone will not share any data with the computer or the iTunes software. This could be another reason for iPhone not showing up in iTunes.
- Try removing the cable and inserting it after some time. If the pop-up does not appear, then follow the next step.
- Go to iPhone settings > select General tab > click on “Reset Location & Privacy” (this setting might reset the Location setting for some apps). And next time, while connecting iPhone with a laptop, ensure clicking on the “Trust” option.
How to Solve Driver Issues in MAC
- Connect your iPhone to Mac and make sure it’s unlocked and on the Home screen.
- On your Mac, hold down the Option key, click on the Apple menu, and choose System Information or System Report.
- Select USB from the list on the left.
- If the iPhone is visible under USB Device Tree, get the latest macOS, or install the newest update. If the device is not visible, contact Apple Support.
Visit : Apple Support
Driver Issues for Windows PC
Sometimes the devices’ driver may be the reason for iPhone not showing up in iTunes. The driver might not be updated, which is why try updating the driver.
- On the PC, right-click My Computer > Properties > Device Manager.
- Under Portable Devices, right-click on Apple device USB Driver.
- Click on Update Software.
- Select “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- After the installation of the software, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update AMD verify that no other updates are available.
- Then restart the PC and try checking if iTunes recognized the iPhone. If it does not work, then do the following steps.
Reinstall Driver Software
There is a chance that the apple drivers may not work correctly due to which the PC may not be able to recognize the iPhone when connected to the USB port. Precisely, use the below methods to resolve the problem of iPhone not showing up in iTunes.
- Close iTunes software. Then connect the iPhone using connector cable to the PC’s port. Follow the first two steps of Updating the driver software.
- Click on Update Software; then, a pop-up window will open in which select “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- In the next window, select “Let me pick from a list of devices on my computer,” then click on Disk Button.
- Click on the Browse button, then navigate to “c:\program files\apple\mobile device support\drivers\usbaapl64.inf” (for 32-bite computer “c:\program files (x86)\common files\apple\mobile device support\drivers\usbaapl.inf”) and select the file. Press Ok to Install from disk.
- The driver will reinstall after which restart the computer once and connect the device to PC. The iTunes software should now recognize the device.
The above-provided information should be sufficient for quickly fixing the error- iPhone not showing up in iTunes. Even after doing all these steps, if the problem persists, try contacting the Apple Support. Also, you can take the PC and iPhone to the Apple Authorized service center, where they might provide a solution to the problem.
I love technology and computers! And I love spreading more and more about it too! So, this is my attempt to share as much as tech news as I can with people all over the world.