Do you want an answer on how to download an embedded video? Then this is the right place for you.
First of all, we must know what an embedded video is. An embedded video is a self-hosted property built on web pages like HTML. These videos are hosted at another location, such as blogs and articles via embedding.
This is done so users can watch them without visiting the original webpage. There are various ways of downloading an embedded video, and we are here to help you with them.
- 1 Downloading The Video Directly From The Site
- 2 Downloading An Embedded Video Using A Browser
- 3 Downloading An Embedded Video Via Browser Extensions
- 4 Downloading The Video From Free Video Downloaders
- 5 Downloading An Embedded Video Using Free Online Services
- 6 Downloading An Embedded Video Using Browser Developer Tools
- 7 Conclusion
Downloading The Video Directly From The Site
Some videos can be downloaded directly from the website with ease.
- All you have to do is right-click on the video and select the “Save video as” option.
- Next, we will choose a download location on the device. A download location is a location where we wish to save the video.
- Then, you can click on the “Save” button.
Downloading An Embedded Video Using A Browser
This is a very convenient method that allows you to take direct action without installing software and browser extensions for a small process. All you need is your browser, and chrome and Firefox are good enough for the task.
- We will begin by running these browsers and playing the embedded video we want to download on the website.
- Press the F12 shortcut key or right-click on the blank margin of the page and select “Inspect” in Chrome browser (“Inspect Element” in Firefox browser).
- Once you reach the Inspect page, visit the Network and Media tab.
- Press the F5 shortcut key and play the video again to locate the download link on the page.
- Now, we will right-click on the link and open it in a new tab.
- All left for us is to click on ‘Download’ or ‘Save’ the video once it starts playing in a new tab.
Downloading An Embedded Video Via Browser Extensions
We bring forth another hassle-free method of downloading an embedded video. Browser Extensions are impeccable options for downloading videos from platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
Many extensions are available for both Chrome and Firefox that allow you to download an embedded video. All you have to do is play the video in the browser after adding the extension and then avail yourself of the facility of Quick Download.
Downloading The Video From Free Video Downloaders
Free video downloaders may allow one to download embedded videos without hassle. Applications like 4K Video Downloader help download the video with a simple installation.
- Once it’s installed, you have to open the application and copy the video URL from the browser.
- After that, all that’s left is clicking on the ‘Paste’ option, selecting the video quality, and pressing the ‘Download’ button.
Downloading An Embedded Video Using Free Online Services
The internet is an ocean full of free assets for the most part, and they are easy to use and take relatively more minor time to figure out.
- All one has to do is copy and paste the video URL in the given URL section and click on the ‘Download’ option.
- You can also select the desired video resolution, and voila! The video will be saved to your device in a matter of a few seconds.
Downloading An Embedded Video Using Browser Developer Tools
Browser Developer Tools are highly effective and reliable when downloading embedded videos. Chrome Developer Tool and Firefox Page Info Tool are the best examples. All it entails is right-clicking on the website page with the embedded video.
- If you are working with a Chrome Developer Tool, you have to choose the Inspect option or press Control+Shift+I.
- You can continue by hitting the Network tab and clicking on the Media Tab. You might be able to view the video on the page now.
- Find a media file with an MP4 extension and right-click on it. Press the Copy option and copy the link address.
- Then, open a new tab and paste the link address there.
- Now, all you have to do is right-click the video and choose the Save video option. Select where you’d like to save your file and enjoy!
If you’re using Firefox Page Info Tool, you need to seek the View Page Info option after right-clicking on the web page.
- In the Media tab, you will find the address of the video file type.
- Use the copy and paste options and open the link in a newly launched tab.
- Then, right-click on the player to get your video saved.
Embedded videos are easy to download once you have the proper guidance. Be in on your laptops or smartphones; embedded videos can be downloaded using various applications. Many apps available on App Stores for Android and iOS can do your work for you. However, we are always here to help. We provide insights into the intricacies of seemingly complex technical processes and make your life easier in just a click! All the suggested techniques are easy to perform and provide you with many options to avoid hiccups in your entertainment or work. So don’t worry, for we are here to help, no matter what!
See Also: Best Torrent Downloader for Mac in 2021
Carrie-Ann Skinner is Smart Home & Appliances Editor at TechiePlus, and has more than two decades experience in both online and print journalism, with 13 years of that spent covering all-things tech. Carrie specializes in smart home devices such as smart plugs and smart lights, as well as large and small appliances including vacuum cleaners, air fryers, and blenders.