Have you ever lost your password and don’t know how to reset and login back into your account? Yes, same. Maybe you just realized that it is a good practice to change your social media passwords every once in a while to be safe from hackers. We got you covered. Keep reading to figure out how to change Snapchat password in multiple ways.
Snapchat was a unique social media app until all the other apps decided to introduce the same or similar features on other apps. It is mainly used to exchange photos and videos with friends and contacts as ‘streaks.’ You have many fun filters and interactive games here to play with friends. Snapchat has recently been focusing on providing more content, and hence Snapchat content creation has become a thing.
Snapchat’s team is constantly working on bringing new features, updates, filters, and ways to notify you whenever your snap or pictures is replayed or saved, or screenshotted on the app. You have memory features, where all you snap that you clicked, they call it ‘snapsterpiece,’ and at the end of the month, you get a collection of your memories. Don’t worry if you want to hide some of the memories just for yourself; you can move them to a password-protected folder called ‘my eyes only. It’s easy to get a hold of this app in no time.
- 1 3 Ways On How To Change Snapchat Password
- 2 Possible Errors While Changing Snapchat Passwords
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
3 Ways On How To Change Snapchat Password
When you forget your Windows computer’s password, it’s not just that your access to your PC is barred, but access to your files is also restricted. Enough of the Snapchat unique features rant. Now let’s get to know how to change Snapchat passwords.
Change Snap Password Via Settings
This is how to change Snapchat password without wandering to other apps.
- Open Snapchat on your phone.
- Click on the profile icon on the top left. You will see either of the three things- Your bitmoji, your recent story, or a generic human bust icon.
- Once you see your bitmoji covering half of your whole page, click on the gear-shaped icon or settings button.
- Look for the password option under the blue heading ‘my account’ and click it.
- Type in your existing password.
- Write a solid and complicated password( that no one can guess, only you can come up with it) and type it twice to confirm.
- Here’s a little trick to see if you have entered the same password twice without disclosing the password, just in case someone is peeking in your phone. After you enter the password for the second time, the cursor changes color to green, indicating your password is a match.
- Select save to finalize the password change.
Now you know how to change Snapchat password without leaving the Snapchat app. How do you enter your old password to move to the next step to change your password if you cannot recall your existing password? We all had those oops moments when we logged out of our accounts or factory reset our phones without noting all the passwords, and that is why we have two other methods to change passwords on Snapchat when you forget your password.
See Also: How Old Is My iPhone? – Complete Guide
How To Reset Your Snapchat Password Via E-Mail
You must enter your Snapchat username or email to log in. The next step is entering the password.
- Find the ‘Forget your password?’ button in blue font under the enter your password bar and click it.
- Select the email option to move ahead.
- Enter your available email address, and click on submit.
- You now receive a Snapchat password reset email with a link to the reset password web page.
- Enter a strong password twice for confirmation; you know the drill.
- Click on Change password to finalize the password change.
If Login Verification is enabled on your phone, this process can be different for you. If yes, then you get a verification code in your email. Enter that verification code in the Snapchat app, and then you can change the password. Enabling two-step verification increases your cyber security.
How To Reset Your Snapchat Password Via Phone No.
Repeat the first two steps from before: clicking on the ‘Forget your Password?’ link. The following steps are as follows.
- Select the ‘via Phone’ option from the pop-up.
- Next, click on the ‘Send via SMS’ button.
- You must have received an SMS with a verification code on the phone number linked to your Snapchat account.
- You can also select ‘Call me instead’ if you wish to receive a call for the verification code. It would help if you kept your notepad or notes app ready to note down the code or remember it immediately.
- Once you enter the given code on the app, you are redirected to the password reset page.
- Enter a new password, re-enter to confirm, and click on change password.
There you have it; this is how to change your Snapchat password.
Possible Errors While Changing Snapchat Passwords
There can be a few technical network or internet issues, but they are usually resolved by refreshing the page or simply waiting for a few seconds. There can be errors in the provided information that prevents you from changing your password for safety reasons. Here are some mistakes you may look into while changing Snapchat passwords.
- The Email address is not linked to your Snapchat account.
- You might not have the phone number and email associated with your account.
- You don’t remember which email or phone number is linked to your account.
That is why always complete your profile setup while making a new account to avoid these problems when time needs. Always update your contact details on your social media accounts whenever you change your contacts not to face these errors. Or the last resort could be to have all your email ids lagged into your email app. Fortunately, moving contacts, music, photographs, recordings, and applications from an Android handset to the iPhone genuinely couldn’t be more straightforward – incidentally, Google is incredible at this stuff.
Is it possible to change my Snapchat password without my phone?
Yes, you can change your password on your laptop, but you cannot change use Snapchat on your laptop. You can log in to the Snapchat webpage and change your password from the settings options.
How to switch off Snapchat notifications?
Go to the phone setting, and go to the notification. Search Snapchat, and select it. This can easily block all the notifications from the Snapchat app. Or you can go to the setting page by clicking on the setting button in the top right corner of your profile page on Snapchat. Click on the notification and tap the toggle switch for each type of notification you wish to turn off.
Does changing my password log out of my account?
Yes, if you change your password on Snapchat, you are immediately logged out. You can use your new password to log in again.
Can I change my E-mail Id on Snapchat?
Yes, it is possible to change your email and phone number, username, and password on Snapchat. Select the gear-shaped setting button on your profile page. Select the email option. You can edit your email address by entering the new email address.
I hope this article gave you enough insight on how to change Snapchat password without much hassle. You can also visit the Snapchat support page if you have other technical difficulties or trouble with your account. Try to change your social media passwords every few months or weeks, if you will. Keep all your personal information safe, and be secure from cyber hacking, significantly when changing passwords is easy.
Carrie-Ann Skinner is Smart Home & Appliances Editor at TechiePlus, and has more than two decades experience in both online and print journalism, with 13 years of that spent covering all-things tech. Carrie specializes in smart home devices such as smart plugs and smart lights, as well as large and small appliances including vacuum cleaners, air fryers, and blenders.