Furniture plays an essential role in interior design as in today’s world. Everyone needs stylish pieces of furniture which lift their creative interest in space and which also helps in improving their serviceability. It is an industrial process that allows the designers to use the furniture designing software to create furniture layout on their computers. Just as another style, the designs keep on changing from time to time. While some designs are consistently in demand, some become outdated as new design emerges.
List of Five Best Free and Paid Furniture Designing Software in 2020
Google Sketch Up
Google SketchUp is one of the most convenient and popular free 3D modeling software, which is used for multiple purposes. One of the most common uses is furniture design. In fact, this furniture designing software is commonly for beginners. One of the best things about this furniture designing software is that it is pretty fundamental, still having featured. It has an enormous 3D library which can also be used in designing your own furniture. And when done, it allows you to export the 3D models in different formats like CAD and 3D’s. This software is quite easy to use, and the learning curve is not much hard.
Naturally, the furniture designing software is designed for professionals, all the measurements are due care and if required, you can try different design alterations of your latest design with one click. It can also be used in 3D printing, interior design, and also in construction projects.
· Google sketch up allows you to share your designs online with others to get feedback.
· This software supports 2D and 3D drawings. It allows designers to go through and scrutinize every minute detail and foresee how different components go together.
· It supports Windows and Mac.( for browser version Download Sketch Up.
The basic version of Sketch Up is free but with limited features such as you cannot get access to the 3D library, 3D modeling version, style builder, etc. For an advanced version, you need to go through our plans, which are still less expensive than Autocad.
Solidworks is a multifaceted furniture designing software that is very popular, which allows the designer to freely create a design of the furniture the way you want. The most important feature is that it can be used with the same flexibility and by using third party software within the Solidworks. Since it is CAD software and suitable for both home and office furniture with relevant furniture & fixtures. Solidworks has an exclusive inventory of associated products, which helps the designer in easily creating your own furniture. It can’t be used by everyone as compared to sketch Up, and the learning curve is steep.
· This furniture designing software allows you to design furniture as per the customer requirements.
· The software supports the 3D model and allows the designer to copy designs of cabinets, knobs, hinges, countertops, etc. You can also add duplicate appliances like doors, windows, etc., which will help the designer in getting the idea of a glimpse of the room after adding the final touch.
· It only supports and is available for Windows users.
As of now, there is no information given about pricing on its official website. You need to contact the developer and demand quotations.
CAD Pro Furniture Design
This is primarily an interior designing software that allows you to design, edit, and share the content with your client and team. The most important feature is that the design can be directly transmitted and sent via mail. It also helps the designer save the design in PDF format. Being a CAD software, the designer can use the software as per their needs. The features of this software also include autoshaping, drafting tools, sketch tracking, smart dimensions, DIY projects, and plans.
· The designer can create contemporary designs and experiment with different materials. Here, the user can also scan the hand-drawn designs and use them further as templates to process such form.
· A unique feature of this furniture designing software is that it can record voice messages and include them to designs or also add pop up text messages to design to provide any additional information as needed. It can only be used in CAD –PRO.
CAD Pro has a premium version that costs you a one time fee like $ 99.95.
This furniture designing software used mostly to design 3D plans for furniture and suitable for those designers who work with wood. It is time-consuming, which creates wooden furniture for game rooms. The feature of this software is to drag and drop objects, snap-on objects, alignment tools, wood types, custom materials, etc.
· The designer can mark the tiniest details on the furniture design by using 3D sketches available in the software.
· It has a wide range of default colors, which also provide the option of creating their own, too, using a sketch list feature. And once the design is done, you can share it by using Adobe 3D PDF.
· This software supports both MAC and windows.
Sketchlist is a premium furniture designing software that costs you about $ 149.99 per license.
Woodwork for Inventor
Designed by AutoDesk, it clearly meets the need for woodworkers and furniture designers. Among all the furniture designing software listed above, it has a feature of automatic measurements, box components, material generator, size calculations, automatic mortises, etc. this helps the designer to design from the beginning, and it has the feature of working through the CNC machine if the designer has the one.
· The software has IBOX components generates a bill of materials. It also has the facility of data integration with the Autodesk Vault Program.
· Rapid Prototype and Skelton models can be made for panels. It only supports only Windows.
It helps the designer to design from the very beginning. So anyone using this furniture designing software needs to purchase it from a local vendor as the website didn’t mention any pricing.
Grab your opportunity to design your own furniture simply by using these extremely useful and efficient furniture designing software. You are bound to like them! We will be back shortly with another article to help you decide the best.