How long would it take to design a model? Well, what if after designing, your boss asks you to change the design? It could be disheartening. However, not anymore. earlier, you would do things all by yourself with the support of the construction apps.
But, things have changed after the advancement in technology and the introduction to construction applications has changed things drastically and made designing easier for engineers.
List of the Five Best Construction Apps in 2020
As there is a massive loss of money and time to fix the errors of calculations yourself, we introduce some of the best construction applications you should try using in 2020.
This app is one of the ideal construction apps on our list to design/redesign on the worksite quickly and effortlessly.
It helps you calculate the number of raw materials required in your project along with running onsite calculations—for example- the number of bricks, paint, wood, teak, or any other thing. required in your project along with running onsite calculations—for example- the number of bricks, paint, wood, teak, or any other thing.
Visit: Building Calculator
This is one of the good construction apps available in the market. The name of the app is after the company, who created it. The app is available for both Android and IOS users, accordingly. This app helps you connect yourself with your field team, project manager, contractor’s foreman.
You can do much more in this app compared to other apps like PlanGrid. In this app, you can complete things like,
Create and share drawings and blueprints.
- It is useful to view HD plans quickly.
- It has an automatic hyperlinking & OCR(Optical Character Recognition).
- Helps in creating markups and annotations.
- Useful in updating photos of the progress of construction site and RFI(Request For Information)
- Helps in exporting layered PDF blueprints and much more.
- Most of its features work both online and offline. One of its extraordinary features is, you can upload your files to cloud and dropbox. This construction app is worth the effort.
This is one of the construction apps available for both Android and IOS users. This app helps you create the blueprints of the construction sites you are working on. An important thing about this app is, it can sync over WiFi and network data.
On this app, you can share the data that is related to your blueprints, notes, and drawings.
You can also share field markups and update photos on the progress of the construction project. You can also create and send RFI(Requests For Information)’s on the app.
Visit: Plan Grid
DEWALT Moblie Pro
This is also one of the construction apps which is a featured calculator and reference tool designed for construction professionals. It has a wide range of templates for every Job site calculation.
The app is useful in the below-mentioned ways:
- It provides an instant solution to various critical job-site questions.
- App has restored Mathematical formula and functions which ease the work for you.
- Explains the concepts through real-world examples.
- It helps in visualizing the situation within brief illustrations.
- It is useful to share your calculations and results instantly by email.
- You can filter and create your favourite tools to make calculations easy and handy.
- It can be useful in Business Math, Carpentry, Concrete work, Construction Math, Landscaping, Trim Carpentry, Finish Materials, and Site work.
Visit: DEWALT Moblie PRO
Autodesk BIM 360
Autodesk BIM 360: This is an app a venture of Autodesk company. Therefore, is it designed for both Android and IOS users? It is one of the most renowned and widely used Construction Apps in the world.
The app has the following features:
- It helps create and share markups with the help of freehand, shapes, and text inputs.
- Autodesk is useful in syncing the data, both online and offline.
- It automatically notifies you when any changes are made in your files by anyone.
- Helpful in viewing and completing the checklists assigned to you on mobile.
- You can pin and mark sheets.
- You can navigate from one drawing to the other with callout hyperlinking.
- Lightning-fast zoom and pan for 2D and 3D models.
Visit: AutoDeskBlM 360
The article has listed all the five best construction apps. DEWALT Mobile Pro is not accessible in India and developing countries.