If you like watching movies, you are indeed aware of how much data tethering and paying your Internet provider regularly might cost you. Many Chromecast users want to know how to use Chromecast without Wifi, so we’re here with you right now.
You can use your Chromecast Guest Mode with WLAN without the Internet. You can also use a mobile hotspot as the router and connect a second device to Chromecast.
- 1 The Google Chromecast works in What Way? Chromecast Without Wifi
- 2 How To Use Chromecast with The Help of Guest Mode? Chromecast without Wifi
- 3 How To Use Chromecast with The Help of An Ethernet Internet Connection?
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Conclusion
The Google Chromecast works in What Way? Chromecast Without Wifi
Google Chromecast (previously Google TV) is a tiny gadget that lets you stream video to your TV or other digital device. It’s a television streaming gadget that connects to your wifi and streams video to your television. The benefit of utilizing Chromecast is that it doesn’t need you to have an internet connection to stream music or films since they are saved on the device.
As a result, after paying your Internet provider, you won’t have to worry about any monthly expenses. A USB hard drive and a plugged-in USB flash drive are also supported, with 108p (Full HD) and 4K video output.
Wifi connections are always temperamental, particularly if someone has experienced a bad relationship. Even with wifi network issues, there are still things to do to use Chromecast. It is Chromecast without Wifi. Let us discuss this.
Check also: How To Connect Roku To Wifi Without Remote?
· The most straightforward way to stream content and use Chromecast without a wifi connection is guest mode. As the guest, instead of the host’s Wifi, a connection of mobile data is required.
· A wired connection can be an option for a weak wifi signal. There is a requirement for an ethernet cable and ethernet adapter.
· It can be troublesome to find an official Chromecast ethernet adapter unless someone uses Chromecast with Google TV or Chromecast Ultra.
· However, some other brands in the market of Ethernet adapters mention working with Firestick devices and Chromecast.
How To Use Chromecast with The Help of Guest Mode? Chromecast without Wifi
From an Android or iOS device, the guests can connect to the Chromecast without knowing the host’s wifi password on the network. It is Chromecast without Wifi. The only issue is that the host is related to their wifi network turning on guest mode.
It can be problematic if you are the host, find yourself without Wifi, and fail to enable guest mode already. If the guest mode is already enabled on your chief device, you can use a second device and link to the Internet through another phone’s hotspot, distinct network, or mobile data.
§ Host instructions
4. Tap guest mode-You should be able to see your PIN of guest mode. Tap on guest mode.
5. Toggle guest mode to “on”- Tap “on” to enable guest mode. As you can see from the start of the blue toggle, you already enabled guest mode at some point.
Follow this instruction to use Chromecast without Wifi
In case you are a guest, then follow the below steps to link to your Chromecast without Wifi:
1. Turn on Chromecast Guest Mode- On your phone, go to settings, tap on Google, other devices & sharing, cast options, and at last, guest mode. This step is preferred for Android users. Meanwhile, iOS users can go straight to casting.
2. Open a Cast-enabled app- Open a Chromecast app and tap the icon of “cast.” Go for nearby devices. On your phone screen, follow the instructions. If Chromecast fails to pair with your device at this stage, go to the next step.
3. Enter the PIN- You might be prompted to enter the four-digit PIN of the host from their Google Home app. In ambient mode, you can also find the guest mode PIN.
Google Support highlights that the guest can cast from iOS 11.0 or higher or Android 5.0 or higher. It also highlights that some apps on iOS devices might fail to work in guest mode.
How To Use Chromecast with The Help of An Ethernet Internet Connection?
For a weak wifi connection, an Ethernet connection is a good alternative. It offers you a smoother Chromecast experience by speeding up. So you can enjoy Chromecast without Wifi.
A Chromecast Ethernet cable and Ethernet adapter are required for this. It is confirmed by a chat with Google support that for Chromecast, Google is only selling Ethernet adapters with Google TV and in the box with Chromecast Ultra.
Follow the below steps to use Chromecast with the help of a wired internet connection:
1. Into the USB port, plug the adapter.
2. Attach the Ethernet adapter cable– Ensure your TV’s HDMI port to the Chromecast is plugged in.
3. Link your ethernet cable– Look for a long enough Ethernet cable to reach the router with an internet connection. Plug the ethernet cable into the ethernet adapter of Chromecast.
4. Plug the adapter within the power outlet- When everything is connected, use your ethernet adapter to plug in the power outlet, generally used for Chromecast devices.
5. Through the Chromecast app, try streaming- To cast from a Google cast-ready app, use your mobile phone, whether iOS or Android. If someone uses Chromecast with Google TV, try flowing something through the user interface.
See Also: How To Cast Spectrum TV To Chromecast
How do I use Chromecast with a mobile data connection?
For using Chromecast with mobile data, firstly turn your hotspot on. You must connect both your Chromecast and the TV to cast to the mobile hotspot. Then, open settings on your mobile and find Google Device Cast options. After this, open the Chromecast app and the media to cast. Finally, tap on the Cast button to mirror the screen.
Can I use Chromecast without a mobile?
It is possible to use Chromecast without a mobile in case you use a laptop instead. Setting up and casting Google Chromecast only works on the google home app for mobile, so a secondary device is necessary. However, if you are using a laptop, then you don't need the application and can use your Chrome browser to cast.
Will Chromecast allow to cast to TV without an internet connection?
Yes, casting to your TV without an internet connection is possible. Google Chromecast, a screen mirroring application, utilizes wireless display technology to connect the primary device and the device being cast on. Therefore, you are allowed to cast without an internet connection. You can also cast with the Google Home app or guest mode on Android without Internet.
How do I use Chromecast without the home app?
You can generally use Chromecast without the home app on a laptop. In the case of a mobile device, it requires Google Home to cast to your TV. Some Android phones already have it installed. On a computer, you only need to have google chrome installed. On Chrome, you can use Chromecast to cast onto your device.
Why is my Chromecast not working?
Generally, any issues with Chromecast working may be due to network issues. Firstly, make sure that you connect your Chromecast and both devices to one Wifi. Then check your HDMI cable as well as your Wifi connection. You can additionally clear the Chromecast cache as well as update both devices. These may help solve any issues regarding Chromecast.
Just like in this case, the Chromecast without wifi methods. Chromecasts are famous for their ease of use, while fixing issues is not straightforward. Extra bits and pieces might need to be purchased if you fail to have them to hand. In addition, not everyone has access to a second device for the guest mode trick. So, there is no reason why you fail to use Chromecast without Wifi when you have all the necessities. You can also check the Top 7 Locast Alternatives Of 2023.
Sourabh Kulesh, Chief Sub Editor at Gadgets 360. and TechiePlus, writes technology news online with expertise on cybersecurity and consumer technology.