If you like watching movies, you are indeed aware of how much data tethering and paying your Internet provider regularly might cost you. Many Chromecast users, in fact, desire to know how to use Chromecast without WiFi, which is why we’re here with you right now.
The Google Chromecast works in What Way? Chromecast Without Wifi
Google Chromecast (previously Google TV) is a tiny gadget that lets you stream video to your TV or other digital device. It’s a television streaming gadget that connects to your WiFi and streams video to your television. The benefit of utilising Chromecast is that it doesn’t need you to have an internet connection to stream music or films since they are saved on the device.
As a result, after paying your Internet provider, you won’t have to worry about any monthly expenses. A USB hard drive and a plugged-in USB flash drive are also supported, 108p (Full HD) and 4K video output.
Wi-Fi connections are always temperamental particularly if someone has experienced a bad relationship. Even with Wi-Fi network issues, there are still things to do to use Chromecast, It is Chromecast without wifi let us discuss this.
Check also : How To Connect Roku To WiFi Without Remote?
· The simplest way to stream content and use Chromecast without a Wi-Fi connection is guest mode. As the guest, instead of the host’s Wi-Fi, a connection of mobile data is required.
· A wired connection can be an option for a weak Wi-Fi signal. There is a requirement for an ethernet cable and ethernet adapter.
· It can be troublesome to find an official Chromecast ethernet adapter unless someone uses Chromecast with Google TV or Chromecast ultra.
· However, some other brands in the market of Ethernet adapters mention working with firestick devices and Chromecast.
How To Use Chromecast with The Help of Guest Mode? Chromecast without Wifi
From an Android or iOS device, the guests can connect to the Chromecast without knowing the host’s Wi-Fi password on the network it is Chromecast without wifi . The only issue is that the host is connected to their Wi-Fi network to turn on guest mode.
In case, you are the host, find yourself without Wi-Fi, and failed to enable guest mode already, then it can be problematic. If the guest mode is already enabled on your chief device, you can use a second device and link to the Internet through another phone’s hotspot, distinct network, or mobile data.
§ Host instructions
1. Open the Google Home app- Turn on the Google Home app and tap your device.
2. Go to settings- Tap the setting icon, visible in the top right corner.
3. Tap recognition and sharing- Tap recognition and sharing to access guest mode settings.
4. Tap guest mode-You should be able to see your PIN of guest mode. Tap on guest mode.
5. Toggle guest mode to “on”- Tap “on” to enable guest mode. If you can see from the start of the blue toggle, then you already enabled guest mode at some point in the past.
Follow this instructions to use Chromecast without wifi
§ Guest Instructions
In case you are a guest then follow the below steps to link to your Chromecast’s without Wi-Fi :
1. Turn on Chromecast Guest Mode- On your phone, go to settings, tap on Google, other devices & sharing, cast options, and at last guest mode. This step is preferred for Android users. Meanwhile, iOS users can go straight to casting.
2. Open a Cast-enabled app- Open a Chromecast app and tap the icon of “cast”. Go for nearby devices. On your phone screen, follow the instructions. If Chromecast fails to pair with your device at this stage, then go to the next step.
3. Enter the PIN- You might be prompt to enter the four-digit PIN of the host from their Google Home app. In ambient mode, you can also find the guest mode PIN.
Google Support highlights that the guest can cast from iOS running 11.0 or higher or Android running 5.0 or higher. It also highlights that some apps on iOS devices might fail to work in guest mode.
How To Use Chromecast with The Help of An Ethernet Internet Connection?
For a weak Wi-Fi connection, an Ethernet connection is a good alternative. It offers you a smoother Chromecast experience by speeding up. So you can enjoy Chromecast without wifi
Chromecast Ethernet cable and Ethernet adapter are require for this. It is confirm by a chat with Google support that for Chromecast Google is only selling Ethernet adapters with Google TV, and in the box with Chromecast Ultra.
Follow below steps to use Chromecast with the help of a wired internet connection:
1. Into the USB port, plug the adapter.
2. Attach the Ethernet adapter cable- Make sure into your TV’s HDMI port the Chromecast is plug in.
3. Link your ethernet cable- Look for a long enough Ethernet cable that can reach the router with an internet connection. Plug ethernet cable into ethernet adapter of Chromecast.
4. Plug the adapter within the power outlet- When everything is connecte, use your ethernet adapter to plug in the power outlet, generally used for Chromecast devices.
5. Through Chromecast app try streaming- To cast from a Google cast-ready app, use your mobile phone whether iOS or Android. If someone is using Chromecast with Google TV, try streaming something through the user interface.
Chromecasts are famous for their ease of use while fixing issues is not straightforward. Just like in this case, the Chromecast without Wi-Fi methods. Extra bits and pieces are might need to be purchase if you failed to have them to hand. In addition, for the guest mode trick, not everyone has access to a second device. So, there is no reason why you fail to use Chromecast without Wi-Fi when you have all the necessities. You can also check Top 7 Locast Alternatives Of 2022.
Sourabh Kulesh is a Chief Sub Editor at TechiePlus. He has worked in a national daily newspaper, a news agency, a magazine and now writing technology news online. He has knowledge on a wide gamut of topics related to cybersecurity, enterprise and consumer technology.