Chances are only one Bluetooth wireless device is connected with your Mac. But many times, we pair up multiple devices with our Mac-like wireless keyboard, speakers, phones, or other devices at once. Usually, it works fine, but sometimes it can also cause pull-your-hair-out types of problems when things stop working. That is why in this article, we will discuss some of the ways to fix the error of Bluetooth not available on MAC.
Visit : Apple
5 Ways to Fix Bluetooth Not Available Error on MAC
The following are the five proven ways to fix error of Bluetooth not available on MAC.
A simple solution is to turn it off and back on
- Turn off the Bluetooth by launching System Preferences and selecting 🡪Bluetooth preference pane.
- Wait for few seconds then Restart your MAC.
- Now Turn on the Bluetooth by launching System Preferences and selecting 🡪Bluetooth preference pane.
Many times these simple solutions to fix the issue of Bluetooth not available on MAC don’t work, and there may be a problem with the MAC’s Bluetooth Preference List.
Resetting the MAC’s Bluetooth Preference List
- Checking if the hard disk is connected or not for the further steps
- Click Preferences
- Check if the hard drive is enabled or not (if not, then click on the checkbox to allow it to).
- If there is no change, then
- Open hard disk.
- Go to the Library.
- Open the Preference folder.
- Find the file named “com.apple.Bluetooth.plist”, which is the file that may be causing the problem.
- Select and copy the file “com.apple.Bluetooth.plist” on the desktop as a backup file.
- Then right-click on the “com.apple.Bluetooth.plist” file select Move to Trash from the menu.
- An administrator’s password will ask to move the file to the trash. Enter the password and click OK.
- Restart your MAC.
Now, after restarting, MAC should automatically pair up with the wireless devices but if it doesn’t then follow the steps below:
- Check if the fresh batteries are present.
- Launch System Preference by selecting System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Select Bluetooth preference pane.
- From the listed unpaired Bluetooth devices, click the Pair button on the side of the invention to associate any wireless device with your MAC.
Well, many times, the Bluetooth signal has an interference problem with the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi signal, and at the same time, they have interference over specific channels.
But even if both the above mentioned doesn’t help to fix the bug of Bluetooth not available on MAC, then try using a software.
Using Hardware IO Tools
- You need to download XCODE from the apple store (if already installed skip this step).
- Download Hardware Tools for XCODE from the apple store.
- Then open Hardware Tools and click on Bluetooth Explorer.
- Now, at the bottom of the Screen in Dock, you’ll see a Bluetooth icon named Bluetooth Explorer. Click on it (note: no window will appear).
- Now, go to Tools in the top left Menu Bar.
- Click on RSSI Sweeper.
- Now in the RSSI Sweeper window,
- Click Start. Here this app will be scanning all the channels for the Bluetooth. (May take a minute). (note: All your devices will be disconnected automatically at this point.
- Once finished, click on Force Restore.
I hope the Solutions work, helps and keeps your Bluetooth device connected to your MAC.
Debugging the Bluetooth Module
Still, if the problem is not Solved for Bluetooth not available, resetting the Bluetooth module will attempt to debug any question on a deeper level. Following the instructions will help to reset the Bluetooth on Mac:
- Hold Shift + Option and click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar.
- Click Debug.
- Select Remove all devices.
- Click Debug again.
- Select Reset the Bluetooth module.
- Restart your Mac.
Leave your MAC for about 30 minutes as the computer will be doing some background processes.
And That’s it!
Cleaning up the junk files
Many times it is the junk file that causes the system not to function correctly; it is beautiful. With time the system gets clustered.
C Cleaner for Mac is the best tool to use for cleaning your MAC’s junk files. It also optimizes the system performances.
- Analyze the system files.
- And click on the Run Button.
It Safely cleans and optimizes the system performance of your MAC.
We hope that the above-mentioned ways help you to fix the bug error of Bluetooth not available on MAC. If the issue resolves, then drop your experience in the comment section. Stay tuned for reading more articles like this!