Antimalware Service Executable, also called MsMp.exe, is basically a part of any Windows Defender that acts as a great antivirus software that helps your operating system to protect against the spam of pop-ups. Not only this, but it also acts as a firewall for other kinds of malware and security spyware. Windows Defender can be one of the reasons of your PC getting slow. The reason being for this problem is the software taking much of your CPU capacity as the defender provides a real-time protection feature.
MsMp.exe is constantly running in your hard-drive and performing a regular system scan. It regulates all the files to prevent anything suspicious on your PC. High-grade laptops and computers can withstand the stress, but eventually, Antimalware Service Executable creates trouble for devices with a regular operating system.
You can easily fix this issue in a tap using Advanced System Repair Pro! Download it from the button here.
- 1 Top 11 Ways To Solve Antimalware Service Executable High CPU Usage
- 1.1 Method #1: Use Advanced System Repair Pro (Recommended Solution)
- 1.2 Method #2: Monitor Window Defenders scheduling pattern
- 1.3 Method #3: Include MsMp.exe in Windows Defender’s exclusion list
- 1.4 Method #4: Repair Corrupt Defender files
- 1.5 Method #5: Scan for Malware
- 1.6 Method #6: Disable Windows Defender
- 1.7 Method #7: Latest Window Updates
- 1.8 Method #8: Upgrade Applications
- 1.9 Method #9: Apply for Real-Time Protection
- 1.10 Method #10: Install Latest Version
- 1.11 Method #11: Locate Malware Infections
Top 11 Ways To Solve Antimalware Service Executable High CPU Usage
If you find your system lagging, just wait for a few minutes for it to get normal as the system is undergoing a quick scan. Moreover, you can even prevent it from happening in the future. The following 10 Ways to fix Antimalware Service Executable Error will give you a detailed description of controlling the feature.
Method #1: Use Advanced System Repair Pro (Recommended Solution)
This is the first and probably the simplest method that you can use. All you have to do is install and run the software. That’s it! The software will run it’s magic and fix the problem itself for you. Amazing, right?
Steps to install Advanced System Repair Pro:
- Download this PC Repair Tool which is Rated as Excellent on TrustPilot.com by 4000+ Users!
- Run the software and tap on one-click maintenance.
- Watch the program detect the issue on your system and fix it itself.
Method #2: Monitor Window Defenders scheduling pattern
Most of the users avoid getting the scan during their work time as it consumes a lot of memory space during the process. We can adapt the system to conduct the scan at the time when you are less likely to use other commands on the PC.
- Open the “task scheduler” in the Start menu
- Click the Task Schedule Library on the navigation pane and go to the location- Library/Microsoft/Windows/Windows Defender.
- Click the Defender Scheduled Scan present in Windows Defender folder (middle pane)
- Then tap the Conditions tab and uncheck all the boxes to stop every scheduled scan
- Click OK and boom, you have deactivated Windows Defender!
Method #3: Include MsMp.exe in Windows Defender’s exclusion list
Even a slight bug in the system can make the system scan itself, causing the depletion of resources in the process. It is a common source of making your system lag. To avoid it, you can simply program the Windows Defender to skip the scan.
- Open Windows Task Manager
- Search for Antimalware Service Executable and go to its location
- Then Copy the full path from the address bar
- Go to Windows Defender in Start menu
- Then Click on Virus & threat protection settings.
- Swipe up to “Exclusions” and paste the path in Add an Exclusion
- Finally, click Open, and the folder will be excluded from the scan.
Method #4: Repair Corrupt Defender files
Sometimes the internal files get damaged or are corrupted due to some virus. You can always download Reimage Plus to look for those corrupted files and repair them. If still the CPU usage is getting high, switch to #1.
Method #5: Scan for Malware
There is a slight possibility that malware might have attacked your MsMp.exe, leading to a prolonged lag. If you find any of these possibilities, I would recommend you to do a manual scan of Windows Defender itself. You can use various anti-malware softwares like Adwcleaner and Malwarebytes. These applications would delete any malware that was hindering your system.
Method #6: Disable Windows Defender
The most effective way is to remove the Windows Defender. You can easily disable it from your PC, and therefore no space be consumed for the scan.
- Press Windows Key + R (Run Dialog Box)
- Then, type regedit and click OK to open the Registry Editor
- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender in the folders
- Finally, find the registry with name Disable Antispyware and set its value to 1
But make sure after disabling it, your PC becomes highly vulnerable to cyberattacks. Make sure to install antivirus software prior to these steps.
Method #7: Latest Window Updates
Windows Defender can also treat any newly installed file as a virus. It will try to neutralize the file using various techniques. This will definitely affect your system speed and might occasionally freeze. Try to re-install any new applications that might be causing trouble.
Method #8: Upgrade Applications
This situation is vice-versa of #6. As above stated, MxMp.exe needs to conduct a full system scan to run a diagnosis. If an application is not updated as per the latest version, it might get sorted out in the scan. Make sure to keep all your everything up to date.
Method #9: Apply for Real-Time Protection
To avoid the complete stress on the Windows Defender, install a secondary application that will provide real-time protection to your PC. It will relieve pressure on a single software like MsMp.exe and won’t affect the performance of your system.
Method #10: Install Latest Version
Windows Defender gets its updated version regularly. Don’t hesitate to spend some of your data to upgrade it. The newer versions will provide better protection and will be faster than their predecessors.
Method #11: Locate Malware Infections
The scanning process can make your computer not work as per its full capacity. The primary reason is the malware attack. Don’t forget to run a full system scan to kill the viruses using a reliable solution like Avast antivirus software.
We discussed everything about Antimalware Service Executable, along with ten ways to fix it. I hope it will help to boost up your PC performance and have a malware-free day!
I love technology and computers! And I love spreading more and more about it too! So, this is my attempt to share as much as tech news as I can with people all over the world.